From the lush green banks of the Murray to the dust of outback New South Wales. Chuck, our roving CROC truck has left Albury-Wodonga behind and is making his way to the inland mining city of Broken Hill.
The Broken Hill postcode is in or our Top 50 most vulnerable nationwide. There are more incidents in the far west of identity theft, cybercrimes and online scams and the road to recovery from such an event is far more arduous than it is in our coastal cities.
We're trying to help rectify this and make a difference in the community in a real practical way. We’ll be hosting both private and public clinics raising awareness about protecting your identity, protecting your online accounts and how to respond to scams and cybercrimes. So come along to one of our public clinics that are being held at:
- Tuesday 19 April, we'll be providing a private presentation to the residents at the Con Crowley Retirement Village;
- Wednesday 20 April, we'll be providing a private presentation to the residents at the War Vets Retirement Village;
- Thursday 21 April we’ll have a pop-up stall at the Westside Plaza;
- Thursday 21 April, we'll be giving a presentation to the Broken Hill Lions Club; or
- Friday 22 April we’ll be holding a workshop at 11am at the Broken Hill Community Centre.